Welcome to my Tivo pages. If you don’t know what the Tivo is, then you’re missing quite possibly the greatest invention since the television itself. Visit www.tivo.com for more information.
One of the great things about the Tivo is that its quite “hackable”. Tivo, Inc. as of now has been quite altruistic about this. Tivo hackers have figured out ways to add new hard drives and ethernet connectivity.
The Tivo hacking community, likewise, is has been very careful not to anger Tivo, Inc. Any discussion on how to steal the tivo service, import guide data, or the like is taboo. The information provided herein is consistant with that policy. If you see anything here which you feel is “theft of service” related, then please email me and I’ll take it down immediately. However, since I’m the one doing the posting here, I don’t plan on posting anything like that.
- Logos.itcl is a plug-in for TivoWeb which allows you to assign the logos to the stations. On my Tivo, at least, there are many logos stored in MFS, but few are assigned to their corresponding station. This utility will let you assign any logo to any station.
Status:Working for TivoWeb 1.9.3 (To be included in 1.9.4)
- HTTP Upload Support for TivoWeb. This will allow the TivoWeb server (httpd-tt.tcl) to parse mutipart form submissions. This is the mechanism that allows uploading files via http. I’d like to see this become a part of the official TivoWeb codebase. If it does, you can expect to see cool things like the ability to upload new PNG files into MFS for use as logos.
Status: I had it Working in Alpha, Dont know what happened to it since.
- Tic-Tac-Tivo An on screen two-player tic-tac-toe game Use the remote to choose your square.
Status: It was Working in Alpha, Discontinued due to new TivoOS versions
- jpegwriter Displays JPEG files on your TiVo’s on screen display.
Status:Working, Available for Download
- Slideshow Displays a series of JPEGs while your TiVo is standby.
Status: It was Working in Alpha, alternative TCL version linked on Slideshow page